Wall Street Water Cooler June 22, 2016

Markets are eerily calm despite warnings that a ‘Brexit’ from the European Union would be a catasptrophe.

Research firm Survation published data Tuesday that found that 45% supported “remain” and 44% backed “leave.”

Many pollsters think UK voters will chicken out at the last moment.

Also, bookmaker Betfair reports a 76% chance Britain would vote to stay in the bloc and a 24% chance of Brexit.

Voting begins overnight U.S. time.


A dud from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen in her testimony before that pesky Congress yesterday.

She basically shrugged “Beats me” when pressed to clarify her outlook for interest rates and the U.S. economy yesterday.

Don’t nag her right now — the jobs market is in flux, inflation is abnormally low, the Brexit thing is hanging like the Sword of Damocles, and life seems nasty, brutish and short.


Elon Musk’s Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) made an offer to buy his SolarCity Corp. (SCTY) for as much as $2.8 billion.

“Instead of making three trips to a house to put in a car charger and solar panels and battery pack, you can integrate that into a single visit,” Musk told reporters. “It’s an obvious thing to do.”

So why didn’t they think of that sooner?

Tesla shares plunged 10%, but they will bounce back.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *